13421 Hooper Rd., Ste. 5 | Central 70818     (225) 262-SAFE (7233)
5353 Jones Creek Rd., Ste. 2 | Baton Rouge 70817     (225) 751-SAFE (7233)
Call today     (225) 262-7233
Monday - Friday   9am - 4pm
home about us courses FAQ Enroll practice test contact us
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the benefits of taking a driver's education course?
A: There are many benefits associated with completing a quality driver's education course. First, driver's ed prepares you for the written and behind-the-wheel portion of the OMV driver's test. In addition, taking driver's education may help to lower your family's car insurance premiums. We think the most important reason to enroll in driver's education is to prepare yourself for one of the most important, and potential deadly, responsibilities of your life. Trinity Driving School's driver's education courses stress safety and provide students with the knowledge and hands-on training they need to make good decisions behind-the-wheel.
Q: Are all driver's education programs the same?
A: No, in fact, some driver's education programs operating in Baton Rouge are not in compliance with the law. Louisiana state law requires 15 and 16 year-olds to receive 30 hours of classroom instruction and 8 hours of behind-the-wheel training, one-on-one with an instructor, in order to successfully complete a driver's education program. Some driver's education programs provide Certificates of Completion to students who participate in "group" driving instruction and may not offer the full 8 hours of behind-the-wheel training. At Trinity, we believe in following the law and have a vested interest in making sure the young people in our community receive the classroom and behind-the-wheel driving instruction they need to become confident, safe drivers.
Q: Are Trinity Driving School driver's education teachers/ instructors certified?
A: Yes, all of our classroom teachers are LA State Certified Board of Education Teachers and LA Department of Public Safety, Office of Motor Vehicles Certified Instructors. Experienced, qualified teachers mean that you'll get quality driver's education instruction.
Q: What time to I need to arrive for the first day of driver's ed class?
A: Plan to arrive about 15 minutes early (7:45am) on the morning of your first day. This will allow us time to process your registration before class begins.
Q: What do I need to bring on the first day of driver's ed class?
A: Don't forget to bring a copy of your birth certificate and Social Security card. You'll also want to pack a lunch or bring money to purchase lunch from one of the fast-food restaurants close to our two Trinity locations. And, if you haven't already paid for your course, you'll need to make your check or cash payment when you arrive for class.
Q: What arrangements do I need to make for lunch?
A: You will have a 30-minute break for lunch. You are welcome to bring your lunch or leave for lunch with your parents. There are several fast food restaurants that are close to both our Central and Jones Creek schools.
Q: What if I have to miss a day or leave early?
A: If you miss a day of instruction, come late or leave early, it's imperative that you arrange to make up the time you missed with your instructor. If you do not make up the time you missed, you will not receive a Certificate of Completion.
Q: Can I bring my cell phone to class?
A: Yes, but we do require that cell phones be turned off or set on silent during class times. No texting, please! You are welcome to use your cell phones during your break times. If your parents need to contact you during class, they are welcome to call the office.
Q: What is the minimum (percentage, grade or score) I need to pass Trinity's driver's education program?
A: You must earn 80% on the final test and 80% on the behind-the-wheel portion of the program in order to receive your driver's education Certificate of Completion from Trinity Driving School.
Q: After I complete the driver's education course what do I do?
A: After completing the 30 hours of classroom instruction and 8 hours of driving, you should go to the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles and take the written test to be issued a permit. All applicants must pass the visual exam, supply one Primary Document and two Secondary Documents (the Certificate of Completion is considered a secondary document and is required to take the test) (see pages 5 and 6 of the L.A. Facts Guide, second half of workbook). If you are 16 and have had your permit for at least 6 months, you can take the driving portion of the test with us here at Trinity Driving School or at the OMV to be issued your Intermediate License. For more information call Trinity Driving School to set your appointment for the test or visit the Office of Motor Vehicles website.
Q: What do I have to bring to the Office of Motor Vehicles?
A: Bring original documents only including: your birth certificate, Social Security card and your Trinity Driving School Certificate of Completion (you will receive this on your last drive). If you are 17 or under, your custodial parent or legal guardian is required for the issuance of your license. For more information visit the Office of Motor Vehicles website.
Q: Do I have to have car insurance to drive?
A: With Permit--No, but the owner of the car you are driving must have insurance. With Intermediate License--Yes, you must show proof of insurance when you take the driving portion of the test at the OMV.
Q: What payment options do I have?
A: You are welcome to pay for the 38-hour course with cash, check, or credit card in the office or over the phone. There is a $10 convenience fee for Credit Card transactions by phone. Checks should be made payable to Trinity Driving School. There is a $40 charge for NSF checks. All other courses are cash payments only, and all payments for all courses must be made in full on or before the first day of class.
home about us courses FAQ Enroll practice test contact us
Copyright © Trinity Driving School 2016. All Rights Reserved.
Like us on Facebook twitter
Web Design by Bone Marketing, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.